Graphic Design Beginners
Graphic design is about thinking and making. This computer-free course offers students a chance to jump right into the creative process. It is an introductory programme designed for those who are eager to learn and get to grips with the subject. Learning is supported by an emphasis on creative thought and idea generation.
- The course is delivered through the setting of project briefs.
- We will explore areas such as typography, layout and image-making.
- Presentations and exercises are designed to aid participants to learn through doing the project.
- You will spend some time doing group critiques, which are a key part of the process of developing design ideas through providing and receiving feedback.
- Group critiques will also enable participants to learn and use design terminology while developing their critical dialogue with graphic design practices.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A3 Sketchpad
- A5 lined notepad
- Pencil case containing the following items:
- Black Marker Pen.
Meet the Tutor:
This computer-free graphic design course offers students the opportunity to learn about the creative process used for designing. This introductory programme is designed for beginners, practical and supported by project led learning.