Introduction To Adobe Indesign Short Course
Adobe InDesign is a powerful page layout program and is becoming more and more popular with designers, challenging QuarkXpress in the domain of print design. Adobe InDesign provides the designer with all the tools for page-layout with no limits.
In this thorough course you will learn how to create a variety of different single and facing page layouts, with master page items and style sheets. Explore the unlimited text formatting and creative vector and type tools and learn how to setup for print with colour separations or export to PDF format. Structured learning will be combined with your own ideas for project work, allowing you to explore your own creative ways of using the program. You will also be taken through certain elements of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, both of which will help to enhance your use and understanding of Adobe InDesign.
There are a maximum of eight students enrolled on each session to ensure that you get plenty of one-to-one tuition from your tutor and the class can work at a speed to suit the whole group.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Jamie Hearn is a practicing graphic designer and artist who is also the course leader for the Graphic Design Portfolio course at Central Saint Martins. In addition, he has experience teaching on a number of short courses. Previously, Jamie was Printmaking Artist in Residence at Central Saint Martins throughout 2011, where he is a BA Graphic Design graduate. He has commercial experience working for Pentagram, Johnson Banks and Landor Associates.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A notebook
- A pen
- A USB memory stick (to save completed work)
IMPORTANT - Adobe ID Login for Short Course Students
Students will need to create an account with Adobe (unless you already have one) in order to access the Adobe suite at the college – instructions are included below. You will need to use a personal email address to create this. If you already have an account with Adobe, please make sure you bring your login details with you on the first day of the course.
- Creating an Adobe account is free.
- The software will only be accessible when logged into a UAL networked computer
- The same account can be used outside of the University, but software will only be accessible through a personal paid subscription that students will need to set up independently
- You can still create an account on the day but doing this beforehand will save time and avoid delays to the start of the class.
- If you already have an Adobe ID/ subscription you can use this on your short course rather than setting up a new account.
To create an account students will need to:
- Go to Adobe Sign in page.
- Select ‘Create an account’
- Enter your details and select ‘Create account’
If no dates are showing then please sign up to our mailing list to find out about upcoming dates and new course developments.