Digital Graphic Design (Online Short Course)
This course will show you how to use graphic design software (Adobe CC) to turn your creative ideas into digital reality. The course focuses on the workflows and processes used by professional designers to work efficiently, and to get the best results from the digital tools.
You will explore Adobe CC Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign through a series of practical assignments, and learn when and how each should be used. The assignments include creating a logo, a poster, and a four-page brochure. At each stage you will receive personal feedback on your work from the tutor, as well as help with shortcuts and practical tips.
You will gain a better overall knowledge of design software, and become much more confident in using software to create design solutions, and preparing them for print or web.
- Design process, from sketch to digital asset
- How designers can use Adobe CC to assist creative process
- When to use Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign
- File management best practices
- Combining images, vectors and text
- Vector logo / graphic illustration tips and techniques
- Understanding document colours, CMYK, RGB, Spot.
- Correct file formats and how to convert
- Prepare files for print or screen
- Industry overview and career advice
By the end of the course you will;
- Be more confident using design software to digitally create your designs
- Be able to more easily translate your creative designs into digital assets
- Be able to produce a logo, a poster, and a brochure
- Know which software to select for different tasks
- Know how to prepare a design file for print or web
- How to prepare files for print or screen
Who is Digital Graphic Design (Online Short Course) for?
This course is for people looking to improve their digital design skills, or anyone who wants to be able to work more efficiently using design software. It is ideal for anyone preparing digital works for online advertising, website or social media content, or other visual communication assets.
Why choose a CSM Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience Central Saint Martins wherever you are in the world, studying part-time and from your own home. Additionally all CSM Online Short Courses include
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- CSM Certificate upon completion
Visit Frequently Asked Questions for further details about preparing for your online course, including any equipment you need.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To compare times, please check World Time Buddy.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Please note that Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
Kasia Rust is Creative Director of Burst* Ltd (http://www.burst-design.com), a branding design and Packaging agency working with mainstream and luxury brands. Clients include Superdrug, Primark, The Goodwood Estate and a variety of boutique brands. She is a graduate of Central Saint Martins and has taught as an associate lecturer on the CSM BA Graphic Design course as well as managing large scale CSM external projects for Hennessy and Louis Vuitton.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date version of the Google Chrome web browser
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
Please ensure that you have the following materials to hand:
- Adobe CC Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Black ink pen
- Sketchbook (A4 size)
- Coloured pens and pencils are useful