Adobe Illustrator: Beginners
This course will teach you the fundamentals of Adobe Illustrator, an industry standard software for vector graphics. On the course you will learn the fundamentals of the software and the skills to create vector illustrations.
Used by designers for creating patterns, Illustrator allows designers to scale up to any size without losing quality. As part of Adobe Creative Suite it integrates seamlessly with InDesign, Photoshop and Flash.
- Introduction to the Illustrator environment
- Creating vector shapes
- Creating and amending a path
- The pen tool
- Colours and fills
- Strokes and fill effects
- Basic typography - outlining in text
- Grouping vector elements
- Isolation mode
- Pathfinder and compound shapes
- Using patterns
- Symbols and the symbol sprayer
- Incorporating bitmap images - linking files
- Saving Illustrator documents
- File formats and what format to use
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Make a simple and impactful logo design
- Make a professional looking vector illustration
- Incorporate bitmap and vector images onto an integrated design
Who Should Attend
Artists and designers wishing to learn the fundamentals of vector design. The course gives an introduction to the building blocks of the software enabling students to develop their own vector image portfolio.
Beginner: You do not need any prior knowledge.
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may want to continue your Adobe education with Adobe Illustrator: Intermediate.
The tutor was really nice, very calm and patient, took time to answer our many questions and helped us one on one whenever needed. It was useful the tutor's background as an artist for me personally I found that inspiring in the few short conversations we had in terms of the work I was doing.
We also offer bespoke Adobe courses and animation courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page or view Gardiner & Theobald, UK: Digital Adobe Training case study.
We offer a wide range of Adobe courses for Adobe Creative Suite - find out more on our Digital Skills page.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.