Adobe Creative Cloud Online Short Course
Nurture your creativity in our three-day Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign short course. Explore the foundations of Abode Creative Cloud and the best applications for the specific software to enhance your designs. During the course, we will look at the Adobe Creative Cloud and how we can use libraries to access saved designs and colour schemes across the Adobe Creative Cloud range.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the use of different Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Learn how these programs can be used to help in the development of your creative projects.
- Use the Adobe Creative Cloud libraries to access colours and design across the whole of the Adobe Creative Cloud.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for students interested in learning the fundamental tools to use Adobe Creatives Cloud. This is an introduction to the topic and aimed at students with little knowledge of the programs concerned. A student with knowledge of one of the programs would also benefit, as the course is designed to examine a broad overview of all the programs and how these may be efficiently applied to their creative projects.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way that’s crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your CV.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- notebook and pen
- Please be advised that this course will be taught using the Adobe Creative Cloud. If you do not already have Adobe Creative Cloud, please sign up for a free 7 day trial of Adobe Creative Cloud. For courses longer than 7 days a monthly subscription of £16.24/month is available.
Photoshop overview: Understand layers and how they are combined in the final output. We will look at how to use colour profiles. Understand the use of non-destructive editing. Examine output options for web and print.
Illustrator overview: Look at the use of Vector imaging and their application. We will look at Paths and Fills and how these are used in Vector imaging. We will examine the use of Text in Illustrator and how this can be used in the design of a business card. We will look at image trace and how this can be used to convert a bitmap image into a vector format.
InDesign overview: We will look at the application of InDesign and the application for a multi-page document. We will look at how we can use InDesign to incorporate Bitmap and Vector images. We will examine the use of InDesign to produce hard and soft copy outputs for the publication of multi-page documents.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Bitmap application for digital imaging
- Colour adjustment
- Photographic manipulation
- Digital Painting
- Adobe Illustrator
- Vector digital imaging
- Application for creating logos and text
- Adobe InDesign
- Multi page documents
- Vector and bitmap imaging
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Cross program application
Meet the Tutor:
Explore the foundations of Abode Creative Cloud to create professional designs using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. By the end of the course youll be confident using the interface of this essential design software.