A compelling visual identity helps businesses to speak without words. This two-day workshop will teach how visual language as a tool to attract your target audience and communicate your brand’s message. Learn how to write / set a creative brief for a designer, harness the power of visual communication and develop a visual identity that will tell your business’s story.
This course is taught through tutor-guided workshops with short presentations, case studies and class exercises. You will also receive feedback by the tutor to help shape your ideas.
Please note this is not a software / technical course, so after its completion you may want to take a course in digital software design to bring your ideas to life.
- Fundamentals and principles of visual language and art direction
- Building a brand identity and narrative
- Case-studies of effective visual identities
- The power of colour: fine tuning the colour palette
- The beauty of typography
- Sensory and emotional connection to your customer through materials
- Design on and off screen: suitability and use
- Writing a creative brief: how to work with designers to develop your vision
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the principles of visual communication and design
- Work with brand development from concept through to realisation
- Develop an understanding of visual identity development and the creative process
- Produce a succinct outline of your brand narrative that will inform visual identity
- Work confidently with images to create your own design boards
- Create a visual identity that appeals to your audience
- Set a brief for designers and work effectively with collaborators to produce your ideas
- Receive and give personalised feedback on ideas
Who Should Attend
This course is for entrepreneurs, freelancers, marketing / communications / PR employees, recent graduates and anyone looking to develop a successful visual identity for their brand.
Beginner. You don't need any particular experience to take this course.
Follow On Courses
We also offer bespoke social media marketing courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit the LCC Customised Training page.
Ansel Neckles is a co-founder and creative director at community engagement agency - twenty%extra. Since setting up in 2009 the agency has built up a diverse portfolio of client projects for the likes of Royal Foundation, Soho House Group, British Council, Channel 4, Legal & General and Louis Vuitton.
Prior to running his own agency, Ansel worked as an art director and copywriter in advertising and worked on campaigns for Volkswagen, The Guardian, Pampers and British Gas. Passionate about the power of culture to engage and educate audiences, Ansel co-founded the Let’s Be Brief platform and its professional development arm Let’s Be Brief Pop-Up School - delivering training to creative industry.
Helping to shape the future creative industry, Ansel has been a Black & Yellow Pencil Judge at D&AD, is an associate lecturer at Ravensbourne University, and a regular guest lecturer at UAL.