A compelling visual identity helps businesses to speak without words. This two-day workshop will teach how visual language as a tool to attract your target audience and communicate your brand’s message. Learn how to write / set a creative brief for a designer, harness the power of visual communication and develop a visual identity that will tell your business’s story.
This course is taught through tutor-guided workshops with short presentations, case studies and class exercises. You will also receive feedback by the tutor to help shape your ideas.
Please note this is not a software / technical course, so after its completion you may want to take a course in digital software design to bring your ideas to life.
- Fundamentals and principles of visual language and art direction
- Building a brand identity and narrative
- Case-studies of effective visual identities
- The power of colour: fine tuning the colour palette
- The beauty of typography
- Sensory and emotional connection to your customer through materials
- Design on and off screen: suitability and use
- Writing a creative brief: how to work with designers to develop your vision
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the principles of visual communication and design
- Work with brand development from concept through to realisation
- Develop an understanding of visual identity development and the creative process
- Produce a succinct outline of your brand narrative that will inform visual identity
- Work confidently with images to create your own design boards
- Create a visual identity that appeals to your audience
- Set a brief for designers and work effectively with collaborators to produce your ideas
- Receive and give personalised feedback on ideas
Who Should Attend
This course is for entrepreneurs, freelancers, marketing / communications / PR employees, recent graduates and anyone looking to develop a successful visual identity for their brand.
Beginner. You don't need any particular experience to take this course.
Follow On Courses
We also offer bespoke social media marketing courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit the LCC Customised Training page.
Online short courses
Did you know we offer a similar course online? UAL online short courses are designed to help creative people master new challenges, develop their skills, get inspired by new ideas and access the UAL learning experience without having to travel to a campus for class.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.