Creative Direction for Digital Media Online Short Course
Whether you’re starting a brand, need some exposure for your portfolio or a project you're working on, or simply need to boost your online presence, digital media is an essential and hugely powerful tool of communication. Whichever background or interest area you might be coming from, this course will teach you the basics of creative direction for digital media, using current case studies to enable you to learn about multiple online platforms, social media channels and how you can use them in order to get exposure for your work / brand online and boost its digital presence.
The course features a series of exercises aimed to broaden your perspective on creative direction with focus on digital spaces and online platforms.
By the end of the course you will understand and use elements of visual identity with confidence.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for anyone interested in learning to creatively use digital media in order to boost their brand, project or personal online presence.
You will gain a range of creative direction skills that will benefit your personal work and / or business online. Students will learn how to create multimedia content and curate digital campaigns across multiple online platforms, optimise social media channels for SEO, work with influencers, analyse social media data and network online.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- notebook and pen
- Creative direction and online identity.
- Digital engagement.
- Social media storytelling.
- Multimedia content creation.
- Online presence and brand-building.
- Digital marketing and networking.
- Working with social media influencers.
- Online campaigns and measuring their success using analytics.
Meet the Tutor:
This online short course develops your understanding in creative direction for digital media and online platforms. You will analyse various media channels and case studies, and gain practical insight you can apply to any project or business.