Introduction to Experience Design (Online Short Course)
Experience design is a set of design practices focussed on creating positive emotions, impressions and memories which create an impact on the target audiences. It can be applied to services, products, user journeys, spaces, and events, and is considered the next frontier for differentiation in increasingly competitive markets. In this Experience Design course you will learn how to use design, spatial and behavioural strategies to design and project the experience you want your brand, product or service to deliver.
Each week will you will learn a new set of concepts, tools, and techniques, and will be given a practical assignment to put them into practice, allowing you to learn by applying and doing. The following week the tutor will provide you with individual feedback, posing questions and reflections to help you master the subject.
- Introduction the design of experiences
- Relevance of experience in a digital world
- Designing memories
- Designing experiences for users vs. Experiences for clients
- How to structure an experience
- Designing the beginning and end of experiences
- Perception and illusion
- Managing lasting experiences
By the end of the course you will have:
- Conducted a social and technology environment analysis
- Conducted visual research on behavioural patterns
- Understood the structure of a positive experience vs. a bad experience
- Increase your creative capabilities through design management
- Created a project capable of expanding your portfolio and present to potential clients.
Who is Experience Design (Online Short Course) for
This course is the perfect fit for students aiming to learn more about experience design, for brand, product or service innovation.
Level: All levels welcome
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over
Why choose a Central Saint Martins Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience Central Saint Martins wherever you are in the world. Additionally all CSM Online Short Courses include
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- CSM Certificate upon completion
Visit Frequently Asked Questions for further details about preparing for your online course, including any equipment you need.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To compare times, please check World Time Buddy.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
Please bring the following materials to the first session:
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.