Design Thinking (Online Short Course)
This online short course is an introduction to Design Thinking – an interactive thought process which will enable you to understand your end user better, in order to create innovative products and services. You’ll learn how this approach can help you solve problems creatively in a range of different industries, from both the public and private sectors, prior to formulating your own original ideas with clarity and flair.
You will learn from case studies, lively class discussions, and hands-on assignments. And you will receive personalised feedback on each of your assignments from your tutor, an industry specialist. The digital classroom will also enable you to communicate with your fellow classmates. You will need to commit 2 hours per week of self-study.
In each lesson you will explore different steps, starting with framing problems, creating a bank of ideas, and finally developing a prototype which focuses on the demographic you desire to design for. This course provides a variety of tools, activities and real examples with the aim of boosting your design thinking abilities. An emphasis on the consumer’s perspective is present throughout.
- Idea generation and boosting your creativity
- Design thinking tools: innovating the starting point
- Assessing your ideas and application in the real world
- Research methods: understanding your customer
- Building customer personas: investigating behaviours and needs
- Customer journey mapping
- Stakeholders, the gatekeepers and finding individuals to champion your ideas
- Defining your minimal viable product
- Conceptualising your idea
- Prototyping and user-testing
- Developing a business case from your concept
- Exploring ways to capitalise on your idea
- What stakeholders want: from sustainability to beyond
- Providing a user-friendly experience
By the end of the course you will have;
- Identify and assess opportunities through customer needs analysis
- Create a clear set of product specifications based on customer needs that are desirable, feasible, and viable
- Implement a proven 4-step method for planning and executing a prototype for a product, service, or business idea
- Use observational techniques to gain a deeper understanding of end-user insights
- Generate ideas while determining which ones are likely to produce specific, desired outcomes
- Defined your minimum viable product
- Develop a prototype in line with your chosen demographics needs
- Provide a user-friendly experience
- Created a portfolio of options
- Deliver a project from an idea to a prototype
Who is Design Thinking (Online Short Course) for?
This online short course is designed for individuals keen to explore the methods and mindsets behind effective creative design thinking. You’ll become familiar with different ways in which to approach a variety of briefs. This course is perfect for current students, junior managers, consultants, aspiring entrepreneurs. A great program for those who wish to advance their career while learning about the importance of the end-user’s perspective in launching or revitalizing a new or existing business. All levels welcome.
Why choose an LCC Online Short Course?
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Communication wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCC Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCC Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Letizia Marchetti is a Marketing Manager with over 15 years’ experience in delivering disruptive strategies to drive business growth (from start-up growth to large multinational). She has a track record of data driven marketing campaigns, customer engagement, behavioral analysis and developing Integrated Multichannel Marketing strategies (Push notifications, SMS, Email, web, Social Media).
Currently as European Campaign lead at Walgreens- Boots -Alliance is helping Spain, France, Romania and Italy to reshape their Customer Engagement strategy. Previously she worked for IKEA, Carrefour, CheBanca! (among the top 20 FinTech in Europe).
She as a MSc degree in Business Administration (University of Pisa – Italy), a double-degree master’s in international Luxury Management (Essec Business school Paris France and SDA Bocconi Milano Italy) and she is a Certified Digital Marketing Strategy & Planning specialist (Digital Marketing Institute).
To fully participate in and to complete the course assignments, please make sure you have the following equipment;
- Notepad and pen
- Pencils, sketchbook or paper, eraser, ruler, etc.
- Software to prepare assignments - Powerpoint, Word, Photoshop, etc.
In addition to the materials listed above, you will need;
- A desktop computer or laptop (tablets and phones can be used but some functionality will be limited)
- An up-to-date version of Google Chrome
- A fast and reliable internet connection - a minimum of 1Mbps is required. You can check your network here - speedtest.net
You can find out more about our live classroom software here - Blackboard Collaborate