Digital Marketing Strategy
On this course you will learn everything you need to know to be able to create a successful digital marketing campaign. Each topic will enable you to build towards your own digital marketing strategy. You will learn the capabilities of the tactics, timing and techniques and what to measure to make sure your efforts return your investment (ROI). There will be a focus on creating content and the analytics you can use to measure and present results.
The course combines lecture-based learning with practical exercises and peer feedback to help develop your understanding of digital marketing. There will also be the opportunity to respond to a brief from a real company, and go head to head pitching your ideas.
PLEASE NOTE:Each course is taught by a single tutor in its entirety. If you are keen to be taught by particular tutor please contact the Short Courses team.
- Creating clear measurable objectives
- Customer profiling
- Understanding the UX Design for Websites
- Customer experience
- Search Engine Optimisation
- How SEO and Social Media work hand in hand
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- Online PR
- Affiliate marketing
- PPC (pay-per-click)
- Digital advertising and events
- The impact of mobile on digital
- Strategy and planning
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Define clear business and marketing objectives, and undertake targeted market research that will help you to reach realistic marketing goals
- Understand the capabilities and compatibility of a large range of digital marketing tactics, such as branding, PR, SEO and social media, and content marketing
- Understand how to reach new audiences or retain current customers
- Have a fresh perspective on the changing climate of digital communications
Who Should Attend
Entrepreneurs, freelancers, marketing/communications/PR employees across all industries who need to update their digital skills or need a fresh perspective; recent graduates and anyone looking to develop successful digital marketing strategy.
Beginner: You should have a basic understanding of social media (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram).
Alternative Study Options
- This course is also available as an online course: Digital Marketing (Online).
- We also offer bespoke Digital Marketing courses for groups and businesses. To find out what we can offer, please see our Customised Training page.
"I was very impressed with the course content and the tutor's delivery."
Lynsey Fox is a journalist and pr and communications specialist with 10 years’ experience spanning fashion, retail, consumer, higher education, broadcast and print and online media. Currently Communications and Media Relations Manager at London College of Fashion, UAL, Lynsey has worked with international brands such as BskyB, Marks & Spencer, Nike, Daily Mirror and T-Mobile. Lynsey’s main areas of focus include creating varied and engaging content for multiple stakeholders, competitor and marketing understanding and campaign impact analysis. In addition Lynsey hosts workshops and lectures helping start up designers create digital brand presence.
Antonello Romano is a marketing professional with more than 20 years experience developing and implementing traditional and digital marketing strategies within both the private and public sectors. Antonello’s main areas of focus include usex experience and digital strategy.He takes a user-centric approach to help organizations make ustrategy decisions and has worked with leading brands including the British Council, BBC, Cohn Wolfe, BNP Paribas Real Estate, as well as small organisations, and start-ups.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.