User Experience (UX) Design short course is a professionally focused, design-led five day course that will equip you with the specialist skills to conceive, prototype and produce a human-centred experience in an interactive digital context. The course intends to equip participants with some of the standard methods of UX design but also an awareness of the wider social, ethical and political contexts in which UX work is done. This course is designed to betechnology and medium agnostic, we use any materials and technologies we think appropriate.
There's an increasingly high demand for designers who are able to combine their creative skills with profound insight into human behaviours and contexts. This course prepares you for the rapidly expanding field of UX.
You'll learn the advanced studio skills of user experience design, the methods and practices of user research and the critical-theoretical background to the field.
- Field research
- Paper prototyping
- Digital prototyping
- Context mapping
- Information Architecture
- Scenario development
- Technical implementation
- The physical, personal and social contexts for UX
- Structuring an experience
- Relationship between digital and physical artefacts
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Gather, analyse and structure qualitative research data about how people behave with technologies and spaces to inform the development of a UX design project.
- Conceive, plan and prototype in low fidelity resolution your chosen design solution taking account of the social and political dimensions of your idea.
- Show how your design would play out in a narrative scenario involving people and situations from your chosen concept area.
- Present a high resolution digital prototype or your design and demonstrate how it intersects with existing systems, behaviours, services and contexts.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for designers looking for a way to develop new skills. You may be a designers wishing to change careers and disciplines, or may be UX practitioners wishing to deepen their theoretical and conceptual understanding of the field.
If you are a digital designers, it will teach you how to transcend the confines of the computer screen and the constrained production cycles of software development. It is also suitable for non-designers who may have a background in psychology, engineering or anthropology who wish to implement their ideas more tangibly.
Beginner: You need to have basic computer skills.
We also offer bespoke photography courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page or view One-on-one Training: Experience Design: Digital and Physical case study.
Antonello Romano is a marketing professional with more than 20 years experience developing and implementing traditional and digital marketing strategies within both the private and public sectors. Antonello’s main areas of focus include usex experience and digital strategy.He takes a user-centric approach to help organizations make ustrategy decisions and has worked with leading brands including the British Council, BBC, Cohn Wolfe, BNP Paribas Real Estate, as well as small organisations, and start-ups.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.