User Experience UX Design Short Course
You will learn to sketch web experience working on a live brief, based on existing customer research, and you will also have the opportunity to apply what you have learned to your own projects
This is a practical course to help you design user-centered experiences efficiently, following lean methods. To get the most out of this course you will be expected to complete weekly homework assignments taking a minimum of 1.5 hours a week
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Use a lean user experience process
- Plan your user research, choosing when and how to conduct it
- Analyse and use your research
- Research competitors and audit websites
- Create key design assets such as personas and user journeys
- Know the main use interaction design principles
- Sketch a user interface
Who Should Attend
This is ideal for you if you are a designer who wants to develop expertise in this in-demand area. It is perfect if you work as an account manager, marketer or communications professional who works with UX designers.
Level: Beginner. You should have some basic computer skills but do not need any previous UX experience.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and over
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
This course is scheduled to run on campus in a face to face delivery format. Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic situation this course may be adapted in line with UK government guidance or other operational requirements. This may include changing course location (to another UAL site), cancellation of the course, or moving part or all of the course online. In the event of any changes being required we will inform you as soon as possible and support you in any changes required. Please bear this in mind when making any travel, visa, or accommodation arrangements.
- Fundamentals of lean UX design and agile processes
- Choosing the right research techniques for your project
- Core user research techniques
- Ways to do competitor research and site audits
- How to create data walls, personas, user journeys
- The basics of scenarios and story boards
- Interaction design principles
- Sketching (pen & paper) user interfaces
Meet the Tutor:
Learn how to design delightful user experiences in partnership with designers and communications professionals. This UX design online course is ideal you for you if customers are key to your business and you want to design effectively for them. Learning will be informed by the lean method; you will start by examining users and exploring research techniques, the analysing and integrating user testing at every step of the design, to teach you powerful user experience design skills.