DSLR Filmmaking is a rapidly growing professional practice in the film world as well as an evolving trend among consumers. DSLRs are being used both by enthusiasts and professional filmmakers and broadcasters like the BBC, and in films such as The Avengers.
This course is both a practical and theory based course will introduce you to DSLR Filmmaking by exploring trends, practices and equipment old and new. Through practical exercises you will learn how to get the best out of a DSLR camera, how and when to use various accessories specific to DSLR video and learn how to operate a DSLR efficiently to create great video content.
- Using your DSLR for recording video
- DSLR video settings
- Video specific DSLR accessories and equipment
- Trends in DSLR video
- Visual composition
- File management
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand how to best set up your DSLR cameras for video
- Understand what equipment, trends and practices are popular for DSLR specific video
- Use your DSLR camera efficiently to record pleasing and effective video content
- Upload your video content to a computer for editing
Who Should Attend
Photographers and enthusiasts with an interest in film production or looking to explore the video functions of their DSLR cameras.
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may want to continue your digital education with Video Editing with Apple Final Cut Pro X.
We also offer bespoke courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page or view Mizuho Bank, UK: Film and Moving Image Training case study.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.