Thrown Ceramics Short Course
This exciting course teaches students the basics of throwing clay on the wheel and also supports those who have some experience of using a pottery wheel. You will learn to wedge and prepare the clay, centre it on the wheel and make a variety of functional or ornamental vessels. You will learn how to turn and trim your pieces at the leather-hard stage. A wide variety of surface decoration techniques will be covered and you will use a range of colouring oxides, slips and stains.
Throwing is a challenging, but hugely rewarding experience and requires time on the wheel to develop the skills needed to make competent forms. The tutor will demonstrate different techniques to the class and also support individual learning when needed. The course provides you with a the tools to help you learn how to challenge yourself and also to increase your confidence in throwing different forms.
This course will be suitable for everyone but some experience of throwing is useful.Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
Your tutor will outline the course agenda in detail on day one of your course.
Please bring to the first session:
Meet the Tutor:
This course teaches the basics of throwing clay on the wheel and supports those who have experience of using a pottery wheel. You will learn to wedge and prepare the clay, centre it on the wheel and make a variety of functional or ornamental vessels.
- Central Saint Martins
- Telephone +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- Address 1 Granary Square King's Cross London N1C 4AA
college: Central Saint MartinsMake an enquiry
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Central Saint Martins
- Short Courses
- +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- 1 Granary Square
- King's Cross
- N1C 4AA