What we do
- Provide an additional resource to the postgraduate student experience.
- Compliment postgraduate course and college environments.
- Connect postgraduate students to UAL services and exclusive opportunities.
- Act as an agency for finding other creatives with which to collaborate.
- Document and celebrate practices, individual voices and promoting work across our online platforms.
- Give extra value to postgraduate education at UAL.
How we do it
- Connect Online through the different Post-Grad Community platforms, with downloadable guidance available to write articles, open calls, social media takeovers and how we can promote your activities.
- Events - these include online exhibitions and webinars, pop up common rooms, Post-Grad mixers, hackathons, workshops, studio visits, breakfast events and trips. We are always looking to initiate new collaborations with courses and departments across UAL too!
- Post-Grad Stories – 99% written by postgraduate students and alumni, it is a thriving online magazine of our student voices. Sharing thought-provoking experiences, practices and articles about what matters to them.
- Post-Grad Interest Groups – ran by PhD, MA and staff – a great place to bring together practitioners with a common interest for show and tells, discussions, webinars, screenings etc
- Weekly Friday newsletter with a 40% average open rate and over 9K subscribed, it is a successful vehicle for sharing student projects, UAL and student news, open calls for collaboration and opportunities. It is sent to all postgraduate students via their UAL email addresses and staff and alumni can subscribe too!
- Student Ambassadors - assist with our social media channels, help deliver and innovate sociable online events and act a point of contact for the Post-Grad Community across college and courses.