Are you a current UAL student going to study on a new course at UAL in September or October 2021? Do you have a conditional offer because you don’t have a high enough IELTS score? If so, you can take a UAL Progress English test.
Progress English test dates for 2021
The UAL Progress English test will be held online over 3 days. On day 1 you will take the Reading, Writing and Listening tests and on day 2 or day 3 you will take the Speaking test.
Test 1 is on 17, 18 and 19 March
Test 2 is on14, 15 and 16 April
Test 3 is on 28, 29 and 30 April
Test 4 is on 12, 13 and 14 May
Test 5 is on 26, 27 and 28 May
Test 6 is on 9, 10 and 11 June
Progress English test briefing sessions:
One-hour briefing sessions for students to explain how the online English Progress test works and includes instructions on Respondus, rules, and security:
There is no need to book for this session just attend at the blackboard meeting room at the following times:
1 March at 10:00
22 March at 10:00
26 April at 12:00
Please note there will be two more briefing sessions added for late May & June.
Progress English test preparation course:
4 and 5 March 9:30 - 11:30
25 and 26 March 9:30 - 11:30
12 and 13 April 9:30 - 11:30
26 and 27 April 9:30 - 11:30
Please note there will be two more courses added for late May & June.
About Progress English test
If you are currently studying at UAL, and want to progress to the next level of university study (e.g. from Foundation to BA, from undergraduate to postgraduate) you can take UAL’s Progress Test to achieve the IELTS equivalent score required for the next level.
The Progress English test covers 4 skills: Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening. If you get the score you need on the Progress English test, you will not have to take another external test e.g. IELTS.
We do not issue certificates for this test. The UAL Progress Test is an internal test and your results are sent directly to admissions. If you are applying for a student visa application, UAL admissions will vouch for your level of English in the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).
Progress English tests 2021 are online
What you will need to take the online Progress English test:
- Windows: 10, 8, 7
- Mac: OS X 10.10 or higher
- Pad: iOS 10.0 or higher. If you are using an iPad you must have also an external keyboard.
- Webcam: internal or external that you can move around, plus microphone
- Broadband internet connection: you will need to ensure you have a stable connection with sufficient bandwidth to support a webcam feed.
- A quiet and well lit room where you will not be disturbed.
- Google Chrome browser.
- Respondus Lockdown Browser: You will need to download our lockdown browser software to take the test. Details about how to download the lockdown browser software and further guidance for the online test will be sent to you when you book your test.
One of the following operating systems: