Are you a current UAL student going to study on a new course at UAL in September or October 2021? Do you have a conditional offer because you don’t have a high enough IELTS score? If so, you can take a UAL Progress test.
Progress tests 2021 are online
What you will need to take the online progress test:
- Windows: 10, 8, 7
- Mac: OS X 10.10 or higher
- Pad: iOS 10.0 or higher. If you are using an iPad you must have also an external keyboard.
- Webcam: internal or external that you can move around, plus microphone
- Broadband internet connection: you will need to ensure you have a stable connection with sufficient bandwidth to support a webcam feed.
- A quiet and well lit room where you will not be disturbed.
- Google Chrome browser.
- Respondus Lockdown Browser: You will need to download our lockdown browser software to take the test. Details about how to download the lockdown browser software and further guidance for the online test will be sent to you when you book your test.
One of the following operating systems:
Progress test dates for 2021
The UAL Progress Test will be held online over three days, the first day will be your Reading, Writing and Listening test and the second day will be your Speaking test. Your Speaking test may take place on the second or third day so please make sure you are available for all days of your test
Test 1: 17, 18 and 19 March
Test 2: 14, 15 and 16 April
Test 3: 28, 29 and 30 April
Test 4: 12, 13 and 14 May
Test 5: 26, 27 and 28 May
Test 6: 9, 10 and 11 June
About Progress Test
The Progress Test covers 4 skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. If you get the score you need on the Progress Test, you will not have to take another external test e.g. IELTS.
Who is the test for?
If you are currently studying at UAL, and want to progress to the next level of university study (e.g. from Foundation to BA, from undergraduate to postgraduate) you can take UAL’s Progress Test to achieve the IELTS equivalent score required for the next level.
We do not issue certificates for this test. The UAL Progress Test is an internal test and your results are sent directly to admissions. If you are applying for a Tier 4 visa application, UAL admissions will vouch for your level of English in the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).