Skip to main content

Risk assessment

What kind of risk assessment do you need to complete?

Here you will find information about what you must complete depending on the type of risk involved.


Most activities / risks can be assessed using the University's general risk assessment form.

Manual handling

If you have identified manual handling as hazardous then a manual handling assessment will also need to be completed.

Hazardous substances

Exposure to hazardous substances must be risk assessed and the risk of injury or ill health minimised.


It is important that a risk assessment is completed for students who are pregnant, have recently given birth or who are breastfeeding.