BiographyDr Francesca Bonetti is a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Marketing at the London College of Fashion, University of the Arts London, London, UK, and a Visiting Lecturer at universities across Europe, the USA and Asia. She is currently a Visiting Scholar at USC Marshall School of Business, conducting a research project on technological innovation in the fashion and creative industries across the USA West Coasts (Los Angeles area), UK (London area) and Europe.
Her research interests focus on business technological innovation across cultures in the fashion and creative industries, and the digital transformation of retailing. Her PhD (University of Manchester, UK, 2020) explored the adoption of consumer-facing technologies in fashion retail settings from a managerial perspective. Her interests also include luxury fashion retailing in China and the consumption of fashion goods by Asian consumers. Her work is published in academic journals such as the Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services and the International Journal of Technology Marketing, among others, and in a number of books. She has international industry experience in marketing communications and retail and business development in the fashion and apparel sector. She currently consult for fashion brands, retailers and startup companies on distribution strategies, communications strategies and the use of consumer-facing technology.
- Silva ES, Bonetti F. Digital humans in fashion: Will consumers interact? (2021)
- Bonetti F. Italian luxury fashion brands in China: a retail perspective (2014)
- Bonetti F, Vecchi A. Turning a Crisis Into an Opportunity: Innovation During the Pandemic (2022)
- Bonetti F, Warnaby G, Quinn L. Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality in Physical and Online Retailing: A Review, Synthesis and Research Agenda (2018)
- Bonetti F, Perry P. A Review of Consumer-Facing Digital Technologies Across Different Types of Fashion Store Formats (2017)
- Bonetti F, Perry P, Fernie J. The Evolution of Luxury Fashion Retailing in China (2017)
Current research students
- Lily James, The Paradox of CSR Compliance and Market Demands in the Fast Fashion Industry (Lead supervisor)