Fashion Figure Drawing Online Short Course
The best fashion designers draw their own fashion figures rather than work with standard templates. This gives them the freedom to work with different poses, body shapes, and movements, and bring their own style to the figure. Fashion drawing is also important for fashion buyers to enhance their visual communication.
Each week a new method will be explored, with the aim of enabling you to draw in a holistic and comfortable way. You will learn how to create your own unique fashion figure templates, suitable for use in the design development process, and for creating fashion line-ups.
- Sketching techniques and working with pencils
- Creation of your personal fashion figure template techniques
- Understanding the fashion figure proportion, anatomy and movement
- Understanding the fashion figure hands, faces, feet and hair
- Using your fashion figure template for design development
- Incorporating garments within your created figures
- Using your fashion figure template to create fashion line-up illustrations
- Rendering techniques with markers and colour pencils
- Finalising your personal line-up illustrations for communication and presentation
By the end of the course you will have;
- Developed techniques for drawing your own figure for fashion design
- Develop confidence and techniques to sketch the human body
- Explored different methods for drawing a successful fashion figure
- Understand the human body proportions and dynamics and be able to apply onto fashion design
- Develop methods for drawing faces, hands, feet and hair
- Learned how to incorporate and communicate your garments within a figure
- Learned different techniques for marker/colour pencil rendering
- Produced a body of work that will contribute to a portfolio that can be used for the design development purpose or a final line-up illustrations creation of your designs.
Who is Fashion Figure Drawing (Online Short Course) for?
This course is perfect for fashion designers, fashion buyers, and fashion design students of different specialisms (womenswear, menswear, sportswear, contour, childrenswear, knitwear, etc.) looking to improve their existing drawing skills or bolster a portfolio, or anyone who wants to learn how to draw a human body for fashion.
Level: All levels welcome.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please prepare these materials and equipment for use during the classes and homework assignments.
- A3 layout pad
- A3 marker pad
- Set of soft pencils, B2, B4 or similar
- Set of skin tone double sided art markers
- Set of watercolour pencils
- Various pens, finalisers and similar
- Selection of fashion magazines
In addition to the materials listed above, you will need:
- An up-to-date version of the Google Chrome web browser.
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).
Meet the Tutor:
Through proven and simple methods, practice, and feedback, this course will teach you how to draw your own fashion figures, which will open up new creative design and communication possibilities.