The UAL Decolonising Arts Institute publishes a range of podcasts and publications.
We work with artists, researchers and other institutions to share insights, perspectives and positions.
Foregrounding Central American Art, hosted by Dr Ileana L. Selejan
For many decades Central American art was perceived as residing on the periphery of the periphery. This series features key figures in Central American contemporary art who have helped to profoundly alter the landscape of art in the region.
- Benvenuto Chavajay Ixtetelá - read the transcript in English and Spanish (PDF 455KB)
- Patricia Belli - read the transcript in English (PDF 264KB)
- Gladys Tzul Tzul - read the transcript in English and Spanish (PDF 327KB)
- Marton Robinson - read the transcript in English (PDF 361KB)
- Aldeide Delgado - read the transcript in English (PDF 280KB)
- Rolando Castellon - read:
- Part 1 transcript in English and Spanish (PDF 298KB)
- Part 2 transcript in English and Spanish (PDF 286KB)
Ultimatum Orangutan Radio, hosted by Dr Khairani Barokka
Ultimatum Orangutan Radio interviews creators working from an anticolonial standpoint. It draws on themes in Dr Barokka's book Ultimatum Orangutan - anti-imperialism, environmental justice, archives, and creative work.
- Archives, Art, Ethics, and Palestine, with N.A. Mansour - read the transcript (PDF 413KB)
- Island Histories and Others’ Stories, with Shiraz Bayjoo - read the transcript (PDF 295KB)
- PhDivas with Dr Liz Wayne and Dr Xine Yao - read the transcript (PDF 405KB)
- Plantations, Making Home, and Academic Colonisation, with Eunike Gloria Setiadarma and Pepe Roswaldy - read the transcript in English and Indonesian (PDF 356KB)
- The East is A Podcast with Sina Rahmani - read the transcript (PDF 358KB)
Doing the Work
Doing the Work: Embedding anti-racism and decolonisation into museum practice. A dedicated seminar programme in partnership with the Contemporary Art Society during 2021.
- Read and watch about our Doing the Work publications
Reimagining Conversations with Multilingual Students
A 2022 study by Dr Victoria Odeniyi observing and reflecting critically on everyday classroom and teaching practices, from the perspective of international students
- Find out more about Reimagining Conversations
Decolonising Archives – E-publications
- Read about our first researchers in residence and download their research papers
COVID x Black Lives Matter Index
This project is a collaboration with Cultural and Historical Studies at London College of Fashion and UAL Post-Grad Community.
Staff and students contributed to an ongoing index of research and teaching resources that amplify the voices and views of those disproportionately affected by COVID-19 and Black Lives Matter.
More to explore
Learn about Decolonising Arts Institute activities.
Find out more about our vision and ambitions for decolonising arts.
Explore our recorded events.