Digital ownership and digital consumption find their roots already in the narratives of our everyday lives. This Platonian immaterial world doesn’t seem to be so distant anymore, as our identities become increasingly manifested through our digital existence and ownership. Brands and auctions houses including Gucci, Burberry, Balenciaga, Sotheby’s of Christies are already building their Metaverse divisions and NFT platforms. Last year, the market irresistibly exploded with $41 billion worth of cryptocurrencies being spent on NFT marketplaces, not too far nearing sales of fine art and antiques that generated $65B in 2021.
This online short course will provide an introduction to blockchain in the context of visual arts, design, and fashion. Taught through a combination of lectures, and hands-on workshops, this course will bring you closer to the underlying blockchain technology, smart contracts, and non-fungible tokens. This will cover concepts of metaverse, AR, and fashion NFTs. You will be expected to prepare for classes with provided readings, and additional outside of class is highly encouraged.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at designers, creatives, managers, and entrepreneurs in the creative industries interested in learning about the web3 space. It is also an excellent fit for individuals who are new to the blockchain sector or who aspire to work in it and want to learn more about the underlying technology to better prepare for a career move.Level of experience: beginners.
By the end of the course, students should:
- Learn the underlying principles of blockchain technology
- Understand industry critical paths
- Understand concepts of metaverse, AR and fashion NFTs
- Understand NFT market and buyers
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
If no dates are showing then please sign up to our mailing list to find out about upcoming dates and new course developments.
Topics to be covered:
- Blockchain technology, smart contracts, DAOs
- Wallet, tokens, marketplaces
- Metaverse and AR
- Fashion NFTs
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Course specific materials:
- A notebook
- A pen
- A mobile phone with camera, with ability to read QR codes