Why choose London College of Fashion?
During this intensive 8-week course you will:
- experience studying Footwear Design here at London College of Fashion.
- learn from tutors who are practicing in industry; benefit from access to specialist facilities at one of UAL’s six Colleges.
- visit Paris on a guided 5-day Fashion & Culture trip with travel, accommodation, local travel pass and gallery entries included in the programme fee
- meet like-minded individuals from around the world.
- get involved in UAL life through social events and activities
All courses are assessed and you'll receive a record of study at the end of the programme if you wish to request credit from your home institution.
You should be proficient in written and spoken English and be able to participate in group discussions and make presentations. As a guideline we would expect you to have an English language level equivalent to IELTS score of 6.0.
More information on English language requirements and equivalencies.
This course is aimed at those studying at university.
If you are not studying at university you may prefer to book a place on our ‘Footwear Summer School’. This practical hands-on course is designed for those looking to gain new skills, move up the career ladder or start a business.
The footwear design study abroad summer school is a creative programme and you will be encouraged to challenge preconceived ideas and opinions – in order to look at alternative interpretations, conclusions and design solutions.
Our shoe making unit is taught in specialist workshops where you'll learn through practical experimentation and the application of technical skills. The workshops are situated in the heart of London's East End, an area historically rich in local crafts and skills, and still one of the city's most buzzing creative hotspots.
There will also be a unit introducing you to rapid prototyping and RHINO for footwear.
Dates and fees
Date: This course will not be running in Summer 2022.
Credit value: 12 credits
Duration: 8 weeks
Location: London College of Fashion
How to apply
When you apply you will need to include a Personal Statement and a Portfolio.
Explain why you have chosen to Study Abroad at UAL, what you plan to get out of your Study Abroad experience and how this fits into your personal goals. Your Personal Statement should be short, around 300-500 words.
Please respond to the following questions:
- Why London College of Fashion?
- Why this programme?
- Why at this point in your life?
- Who are you now, how would you like to be at the end of your studies with us?
For your portfolio, submit a selection of 5 images. The work you include should show your creative thinking and personal research.