Summer Study Abroad
The Summer Study Abroad Programme at Central Saint Martins is about what is happening now.
On these courses you will use London, its streets and people as the starting point for your research. You will then go develop your research ideas into designs, presentations and objects to a finished portfolio standard. The classes will be taught through a series of research projects, visits to specialist shops, galleries and studio sessions, with individual and group tutorials, culminating in an exhibition of work from across the programmes or a drama production for the Acting Shakespeare course.
The programme is open to students with varying levels of experience - some courses requires that students have previous subject-specific experience. Please check the course handbooks available on each course page.
Your work is assessed and a record of the grade can be sent to your home institution for credit transfer purposes (subject to your home institution's approval).
Please check the links below to the course descriptions for further information. To apply for Summer Study Abroad please complete this application form (opens in a new window).
We look forward to welcoming you to London!
- Summer Study Abroad - Acting Shakespeare with Drama Centre London
- Summer Study Abroad - Advanced Fashion Design
- Summer Study Abroad - Architecture
- Summer Study Abroad - Art History, Criticism and Communication
- Summer Study Abroad - Contemporary Fine Art Practice
- Summer Study Abroad - Experimental Fashion Knitwear
- Summer Study Abroad - Fashion Communication
- Summer Study Abroad - Fashion Design
- Summer Study Abroad - Fashion Design Menswear
- Summer Study Abroad - Graphic Design
- Summer Study Abroad - Interior Design
- Summer Study Abroad - Product and Industrial Design (coming soon)
- Summer Study Abroad - Textile Design
- Summer Study Abroad - Visual Merchandising (coming soon)