About the Creative Computing Institute
We have created a new space for students, researchers and practitioners to develop advanced creative computing skills and knowledge in areas including:
- Creativity and machine learning
- Human computer interaction
- Big data, social platforms and digital citizenship
- Computational environments, visualisation and sensing
- Creative coding and software development for the digital creative industries
Expertise and experience in these areas are in high demand across the digital creative industries. Graduates with these skills can expect to find exciting career opportunities in web and app development, interactive digital experience, smart product development and the internet of things.
CCI Social Mission
A key part of its status as an institute within UAL is its social mission. This has three key related areas of work:
- Digital Inclusion: To ensure the opportunities afforded by creative technologies reach a broad section of society.
- Diversity in Technology: To ensure the techno- social world we are creating reflects a broad section of society and a diverse set of values and norms.
- Digital Entrepreneurship: To ensure an infrastructure for economic successes is accessible to a broad section of society.
Students and researchers will benefit from our purpose build labs and spaces including:
- Specialist teaching spaces
- Technical resources
- Expert support staff
You'll also have access to our: specialised lecture programme, events, seminars and workshops.
More to explore
We're inviting researchers and research students to join our interdisciplinary community - exploring computing and creative practice.
Discover all of the fantastic courses in Creative Computing at UAL including undergraduate, postgraduate and short courses.