Portfolio Preparation for Art School for 16 to 18 Year Olds Online Short Course
Are you interested in applying for foundation or degree level at art college? If so you will need a good portfolio showing your talent and hard work. Portfolio Preparation for Art School will introduce you to the methods and tools you will need to build a portfolio of work.
You will be taken through daily exercises and mini projects to inspire new ways of thinking and working. We will focus on a different area of study each day including drawing, collage, painting, 3d and graphics. You will use basic materials and everyday items to produce exciting new work. There will be short tasks to complete following class that will enrich your day’s study.
You will aim to produce a body of work that can be added to your portfolio by the end of the course. In addition to this you will have learnt about how to continue a good working practice for the future and given invaluable tips for college applications.
Who should take this course?
- Students with an interest in art and design, including complete beginners
- Those who have recently completed a GCSE in art and design, or those studying art at 'A' of 'AS' level
- Students aiming to apply for study art and design at foundation level
- International baccalaureate students aged between 16 and 18 who need to be better equipped to apply to a foundation course
- Students already on a foundation course who want to improve their portfolio for degree application.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Materials needed for the course:
- A set of soft pencils
- Erasors, sharpener and ruler
- Marker pens
- Bic biro
- Colour oil pastels or crayons
- Cartridge paper in different sizes A1-A4
- Assorted Colour and textured papers including anything recycled
- Old magazines or books (to be cut up)
- Pile of newspapers (to be cut up)
- Modelling clay
- Garden wire and cutter
- Glue stick
- Indian or chinese black ink
- water colours
- A camera, (your phone will do)
- A bright desk lamp
Prior to the start of your course, please ensure you have:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection, we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Meet the Tutor:
Are you interested in applying for foundation or degree level at art college? If so you will need a good portfolio showcasing your talent. Portfolio Preparation for Art School will introduce you to the tools you will need to build a portfolio.