Arts Management Online Short Course
This course will provide you with an essential overview on how to develop, design and deliver art events, projects and exhibitions. Through critical reflection on various case studies you will be introduced to a selection of contemporary approaches to arts management, which you will draw on to initiate and develop your own project(s).
This course will provide you with an introduction to the practicalities and necessary considerations for effective arts management; giving an insight into the project management skills required to successfully deliver creative projects such as events, exhibitions and small-scale organisations. The course will provide an opportunity to formulate your own clear creative project plan with support and guidance from both your tutor and your peers.
During the course you will consider and discuss examples of successful art projects; learn about different funding streams available; and gain an understanding of how to plan, organise and realise art events, projects and exhibitions.
The course consists of a series of four online seminars, each of which comprises of a presentation element, examination of a case study, an opportunity for discussion of the topics arising that week, and time for feedback on assignments. Between each online seminar you will be set a short assignment, designed to nurture your own arts project and arts management skills.
Who is Arts Management Online Short Course for?
Ideal for artists, creatives, artist-led collectives, curators, exhibitions organisers, gallery managers, freelancers and anyone passionate about the arts and keen to start producing arts events, exhibitions and projects. This course provides a good foundation for anyone wishing to pursue a career in arts management or even just get a project moving forwards.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Project management - creating, planning and delivering arts events, projects and exhibitions
- Funding your project – sources and applications
- Partnerships and collaborations – people and organisations
- Money Matters - funding your project
- Spreading the word – press, copy-writing, publicity, social media, online presence
- Problem solving and crisis management – what to do when things start to go wrong
You will complete the course with greater knowledge of different approaches to arts management and an appreciation of the skills required to deliver events, projects and exhibitions. You will have created a project plan tailored to your own ideas, ready for you to implement and realise your own exciting arts project.
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions
Meet the Tutor:
This course will provide you with an essential overview on how to develop, design and deliver art events, projects and exhibitions. Through various case studies you will be introduced to a selection of contemporary approaches to arts management.