Introduction to Interior Design Part 1 Online Short Course
Join Introduction to Interior Design and gain the practical skills and knowledge to create a design for a domestic space. Through workshops you will develop your design awareness and learn the fundamentals of planning an interior design scheme.
You will be introduced to three-dimensional thinking and analysis as you begin to plan and stylise a residential interior space. There will be an emphasis on developing your practical design skills as you learn how to produce scale drawings, mood boards and sample boards. In addition, you'll find out where to source materials and how to create that designer look.
With a wealth of unrivalled experience and expertise, our tutors will provide vital insights into the realities of the interior design world.
Please note that this course requires dedication; students should therefore allocate time to work on their projects in their own time.
Who should attend
This course is ideal for those who are interested in Interior Design but are new to the subject. Or maybe you are hoping to make the first steps at changing your career and becoming a professional interior designer.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
By the end of this course you will have developed a range of design-related skills, and the confidence to start applying your skills to your own domestic design scheme. You will leave the course with a number of newfound design-related skills as well as work to add to a portfolio.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
- Client brief
- Concept boards
- Scale drawing at scale 1:20
- Scaled plans and elevations
- Hard finishes
- Rendering techniques
- Sample boards
- Presentation methods for mounting work
- Presenting work to a client
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
- Vectorworks Designer Student Version - 2020
- A computer mouse
To access the current version of the Vectorworks software you will need to create a 12 month student account. Click here and follow the steps on the website. Please ensure you upload a copy of your confirmation email as proof of registration. For further guidance please click here.
Meet the Tutor:
On Introduction to Interior Design you gain the practical skills and knowledge to create a design for a domestic space. Through workshops you will develop your design awareness and learn the fundamentals of planning an interior design scheme.