We will email you an interview invitation if we want to find out more about:
- your interests
- why you want to study your chosen subject.
How interviews at UAL work
The College you’ve applied to will usually send you an outline of the interview and the schedule in advance.
In your interview we’d like you to:
- be enthusiastic and confident
- tell us what interests you about your subject
- show that you’ve been thinking seriously about your course and what it will demand of you
- give us more detail about your personal statement
- ask relevant questions.
Prepare in advance
You can do a lot of research and preparation online:
On the day
You should also:
- reread your personal statement, to refresh your memory
- plan to be on time
- think of some questions you’d like to ask us.
It’s natural to feel nervous in advance and on the day – you care about getting a place at UAL.
Try to get a good’s night sleep before and make sure you've eaten something on the day.
Remember, your interviewer isn’t trying to catch you out – they will be keen to hear more about you. Be yourself and show us your love for your subject.