Enterprise Experience Programme
The Enterprise Experience Programme offers short paid internships to current UAL students, placing them with small creative businesses during June-July 2023.
These internships are a great way to gain professional experience you can include on your CV, explore career options and build your network,
All internships are with businesses set up by UAL graduates and will provide insights into what is involved in running a creative enterprise.
Who can apply?
The Enterprise Experience Programme is open to:
- current UAL students on an undergraduate programme. Those completing MA or other higher courses and those who graduated before 2023 are not eligible
- home UK students. We cannot support work visa applications.
The Enterprise Experience Programme is aimed at students who are under-represented in the arts and who would be unable to take unpaid opportunities and work experience.
Applicants must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- have taken part in the UAL Insights programme
- be in receipt of the UAL Bursary
- received the UAL Bursary in the previous academic year
- be a care leaver or caregiver.
Why take part?
- Gain real-life work experience and employability skills which you can include on your CV and cover letters and in interviews for future job opportunities.
- Develop professional skills like communication, time management and problem-solving.
- Explore career options in the creative sector.
- Network with professionals and increase your industry contacts.
- Gain insights into what is involved in running your own business and see how UAL graduates have launched and run their own creative enterprises.
- Add your internship employer as a reference for future job applications.
- Internships are flexible so can fit around other commitments you might have like work, study or care responsibilities.
What you will get
- Over a period of six weeks, you will have the opportunity to work up to 50 hours. Some employers will be able to offer flexible hours.
- You will be paid an hourly rate of £11.95 (London Living Wage).
- You must take part in two training sessions which will be run by UAL’s Careers and Employability team:
- one before the internship starts which will support you in how to get the most from the opportunity
- the second takes place after you have completed your internship and will help you to identify the skills you have developed.
- You will have a named contact in UAL’s Careers and Employability team who is available to provide support to you throughout the programme.
- Each internship is unique, but you can expect to experience what it is like to work in a professional environment, apply your existing skills to real-life work scenarios, learn new skills and gain an understanding of some of the things involved in running a creative business.
- The internships offered are a mix of working from home, some are based at the employer’s premises and others will be both working from home and on-site with the employer.
How to apply
All roles will be advertised on Creative Opportunities and you can apply for up to 3 different internships. However, the maximum number of internships you could do would be one.
You can read our applicant guide (PDF 357KB) for more information on the programme and tips on applying.
To see all internships and apply, visit Creative Opportunities.
All internships must take place between 5 June – 14 July 2023
- 15 March - Applications open
- 11 April, 9am - Applications close.
- Week commencing 8 May - interviews for shortlisted applicants
- Week commencing 22 May - Pre-internship training.
- Week commencing 24 July - Post-internship workshop.
Dates are subject to change.
We ran online session providing support with the application process and more details about the internships. You can also access careers resources through our web pages to help you with your CV, cover letter and portfolio.
If you have any questions or believe there are any barriers to your participation in this opportunity, or you have any access requirements you wish to discuss, we would be happy to talk to you.
Please contact email@example.com.
All internships are with businesses set up by UAL graduates who have been through our Creative Business Accelerator.
JEMIMASARA Studio is a multidisciplinary artist addressing freedom of expression and aspects of daily life and creating site-specific interactive installations, prints, paintings, sculptures and more.
Chamiah Dewey is the UK’s first clothing brand for short-stature people.
Indera Studio offers marketing, PR and content creation for creative industries.
Sages is a company developing high quality natural dyes from food waste.
Blackmarket creates refillable liquid handwash with no single use plastic packaging.
MOS is a multidisciplinary design, installation and floral studio.
Run the Check
Run the Check is a jobs board for opportunities in the creative industries.
Maker’s Cabinet design high quality made to last stationary and writing tools.
CQ Studio is a fashion research studio focusing on regenerative materials and systems of production.
The Ferm London
The Ferm London creates a range of fermented products made from discarded by-products.
FORE is a streetwear clothing and lifestyle brand.
Nooh Studio is a design and branding agency with a focus on working in healthcare.
Omniss is a contemporary fashion brand.
Yard and Parish
Yard and Parish is an e-commerce platform stocking black-owned wellness and lifestyles brands.
FiberLab is a textile recycling service for local businesses and customised material sourcing service.
Radiant Matter develops sustainable material solutions for the fashion and textile industry including developing the Bio Iridescent Sequin.
Humanity Centred Designs
Humanity Centered Designs is a material innovation hub, transforming textile waste from fashion MSEs into innovative recycled textiles.
HARRI is a luxury menswear label reputed for its innovative and widely acclaimed inflatable trousers.
Graduate career one-to-ones
Book a 20 minute appointment to discuss your next steps in your professional practice
Enterprise Experience Programme application & CV drop-in
Join us if you are a UAL undergraduate applying for the Enterprise Experience Programme and looking for support.
How to... Find your career direction
Join us to explore how to figure out your career next steps?
GSR: One-to-one career discussions
25-minute one-to-one career discussions for graduating students.