Introduction to Denim (Online Short Course)
This Online Short Course explores the birth of the blue jean, looking at historical brands as well as the key players in today’s market. You will be learning about the denim manufacturing processes as well as the jean anatomy—key details like thread sizes, colours and construction. In addition, you will study key washing treatments and trends, including sustainable washing finishes. Finally, you will gain an understanding of the marketing and branding strategies of important players, along with their identity and story.
- Insights to key historical brands
- Cotton yarn manufacturing
- Denim fabric manufacturing
- Natural and synthetic indigo
- Denim garment manufacturing
- Denim washing treatments
- Sustainable denim washing treatments
- Denim branding
- Industry overview and career advice
By the end of this course you will have:
- Gained a strong understanding of denim history
- Learned how denim fabrics are made
- Learned how to identify and read denim fabrics
- Studied details that make a true premium jean
- Developed up-to-date denim washing knowledge
- Developed a full understanding of denim branding and its importance
Who is Introduction to Denim (Online Short Course) for?
This course is excellent for anyone interested in learning more about denim. You may be working in or interested in working in the fashion industry.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course?
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, including the equipment you need, can be found at Frequently Asked Questions.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To compare times, please check World Buddy.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises, please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- A notepad and a pen
- A modern computer with an up-to-date operating system
- An up-to-date web browser (Google Chrome is recommended)
- A microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also essential (mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).