Digital Photography Intensive Online Short Course
This intense 2-day course is suitable for both beginners and those who have a basic understanding of photography, who wish to have greater creative control over their equipment and develop an awareness of the essential picture making skills applicable to the medium.
During the course there will be informal lectures and workshops that introduce both the creative and technical possibilities of your camera as you learn how to use the various settings and functions by responding to briefs, and these will be supplemented by slide lectures on historical and contemporary artwork which explore the aesthetics of photography.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
- basic camera operation
- focus control
- file quality (JPG vs. RAW)
- exposure & light meters
- composition & framing techniques
- creative use of shutter speeds & apertures
- how to use a flash & filters
There will be an assignment set at the end of each talk to give you the chance to put these into practice by going out and taking photographs and receiving valuable feedback from your tutor.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please source the following materials
- A digital camera and its instruction manual
- A notebook
- A pen
Meet the Tutor:
This intense 2-day course is suitable for both beginners or those with a basic understanding of photography, wishing to have greater creative control over their equipment and develop an awareness of the essential picture making skills.