Sustainable Fashion Online Short Course
This course will give students a broad overview of the fashion industry, from textile fibre production to the globalisation of fast fashion from a sustainability point of view. You will be presented with research findings and encouraged to source up-to-date information, facts and figures on the topics covered.
On the practical level, by the end of the course you will leave with a handbook of information and through a series of workshops create a plan forward for personal projects on this field.
The course is taught by two tutors with a combined 20 years of working in sustainable fashion and experience of setting up new businesses, designing for the high street, and managing projects with global corporations. Above all, they share a passion for improving the way fashion does business.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
- overview of the fashion supply chain
- textile fibres and sustainable alternatives
- design methods
- approaching sustainability through design
- successful sustainable brands
- fast fashion, how we consume, and waste within the industry
- waste clothing (life cycle analysis)
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring with you to the course the following materials:
Research and Development:
- Sketch book
- Note book
- Pencil and pens
Meet the Tutor:
This course gives students an overview of the fashion industry, from textile fibre production to the globalisation of fast fashion, from a sustainability point of view. You will leave with a handbook of information.