Sustainable Fashion Online Short Course
This course will give students a broad overview of the fashion industry, from textile fibre production to the globalisation of fast fashion from a sustainability point of view. You will be presented with research findings and encouraged to source up-to-date information, facts and figures on the topics covered.
On the practical level, by the end of the course you will leave with a handbook of information and through a series of workshops create a plan forward for personal projects on this field.
The course is taught by two tutors with a combined 20 years of working in sustainable fashion and experience of setting up new businesses, designing for the high street, and managing projects with global corporations. Above all, they share a passion for improving the way fashion does business.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring with you to the course the following materials:
Research and Development:
- Sketch book
- Note book
- Pencil and pens
- overview of the fashion supply chain
- textile fibres and sustainable alternatives
- design methods
- approaching sustainability through design
- successful sustainable brands
- fast fashion, how we consume, and waste within the industry
- waste clothing (life cycle analysis)
Meet the Tutor:
This course gives students an overview of the fashion industry, from textile fibre production to the globalisation of fast fashion, from a sustainability point of view. You will leave with a handbook of information.