Cool Hunting Fashion
An introduction to cool hunting and trend research for fashion using London as a source of inspiration. This is an increasingly crucial area for many large companies, fashion designers, stylists, makers and the fashion industry in general. If you are eager to learn about the emergence of trends and explore London's role in influencing trends worldwide, this course is a must.
This course is also ideal for those who are unfamiliar with London and wish to explore some of the key cultural aspects of the capital that inform and reflect fashion trends.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Drawing kit - pens, pencils, eraser and sharpener
- Colour felt tip markers, colour pencils etc
- Pritt stick or glue stick
- Camera (film or digital)
- Zone 1 & 2 Travelcard or Oyster card
- Entry to the Museum or Gallery - Allow between £5 and £10.
- Personal Laptop - ( optional / not essential).
- We will visit key areas of London where trend prediction teams seek out the 'new' and 'underground', such as trendy markets and vintage clothing retailers.
- We will explore the culture and influences that help to shape and reflect new trends: new designers and artists, cutting-edge magazines, contemporary exhibitions and street fashion.
- You will be shown how to use the CSM library and source material.
- You will be encouraged to develop your fashion research and communication skills by researching websites and blogs, taking photographs, keeping a journal and discussing your ideas and findings with your colleagues.
Who should take this course?
- Students wishing to learn more about cool hunting, fashion trends and communication should benefit from the course.
- Anyone wanting to explore the emergence of trends and trendy places around London’s cultural scene.
Meet the Tutor:
An introductory course to cool hunting and trend research for fashion using London as a source of inspiration. If you are eager to learn about the emergence of trends and explore London's role in influencing trends worldwide, this course is a must.