Interior Styling Online Short Course
Interior stylists work across a variety of projects from residential interiors to commercial projects such as restaurants, hotels and show homes. Their skills can take them into other areas such as displays for homeware retailers, interior photo shoots and event styling.
Interior styling is the art of curating furnishings, textures, finishes, lighting and accessories, amongst a plethora of contemporary and antique products. It is a useful skill for interior designers, as well as being a stand-alone career serving the media, property, and design sectors. This course provides a 4-week introduction to interior styling's visual principles, materials and their application.
Who is Interior Styling Online Short Course for?
This online interior design course is ideal for:
- Interior designers with an interest in developing interior styling skills.
- Individuals looking for tips and insights that they may wish to apply to their own homes.
- Those looking to learn the fundamentals of interior styling and the associated products they will potentially be working with.
- Property developers looking to develop their own show homes.
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over.
Why choose a Chelsea College of Arts Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience Chelsea College of Arts wherever you are in the world. Additionally all Chelsea Online Short Courses include
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- Chelsea College of Arts Certificate upon completion
Visit Frequently Asked Questions for further details about preparing for your online course, including any equipment you need.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To compare times, please check World Time Buddy.
- You will be set a variety of weekly skills based projects.
- There will be lectures on styling methods and techniques.
- You will be asked to interpret a brief, develop a concept, and present it for feedback and discussion each week
- We will look at how to keep informed of trends and place to look for trend inspiration.
- We will also look at styling compositions and arrangements leading to a room set design.
- We will look at how to style furniture, soft furnishings, flowers and foliage, patterns, paint, vases, ornaments, lighting, room layout and more.
- You will practice photography for interior styling, and learn the importance of social media for stylists.
- Considerations for working as a freelancer will be introduced in the final session and materials supplied to help you to develop your skills base.
The course aims to introduce you to the important principles of spatial composition and design in order to make your own choices and propose your own interior styling solutions. By the end you should gain a better understanding of interior styling and be able to apply this to your own projects.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Prior to the start of your course, please ensure:
- You have a headset and microphone attached to your computer.
- You have a webcam
- Your browser has a recent version of Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome.
- Your computer is running the most recent version of Java. You can download it from here: http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp
- Most importantly, you have a good internet connection with a bandwidth upwards of 1Mbs.
Meet the Tutor:
This online short course provides an introduction to interior styling's visual principles, materials and their application, valuable for anyone with an interest in interior design.