What are the roles of an interior stylist? How can they maximise the impact of a project and make it look stylish? Stylists can fulfil a multitude of roles such as creating photo shoots for editorial and advertising, home interior styling, or exhibitions. This course provides a taster of these areas and an introductory insight into the styling industry.
- A variety of styling projects.
- Lectures on styling methods and techniques.
- How to interpret a brief, develop a concept, and present it as if you were presenting to client.
- Developing and presenting on style boards to the rest of class.
- How to keep informed of trends and strategies that you can use in order to be ahead of them.
- Exploring styling compositions and arrangements, leading to your own photo shoot.
You will be challenged in terms of what you can bring to interior styling and explore how to market yourself.
The course aims to help you to develop more confidence in order to make your own choices and propose your own interior styling solutions.
By the end you should gain a better understanding of interior styling and an idea of the different roles open to those who want to develop a styling career.
Who should take this course?
- Interior designers with an interest in developing interior styling skills.
- Individuals looking for tips and insights that they may wish to apply to their own homes.
- Those looking to have an overview of the styling industry and of the professional opportunities in the area.
Entry requirements: None
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Tara Larkin has been a London based Interior Stylist for over 20 years. She began her career on editorial magazines and has styled advertising brochures and exhibitions for a variety of well known interiors companies. Currently she styles show homes for property developers in the capital. See her client list and examples of her work at www.interiorstylist.com
Please bring with you to the first session:
Magazines will be used for research and some will be supplied but you may want to bring in your own issues if there are any particularly inspiration shoots you have seen.
Later in the course: