Mobile Filmmaking Online Short Course
Content is king. This course will give you an introduction to the basic technical knowledge you need to shoot video on your mobile. You will learn advanced techniques when shooting, editing and shoot a short video for the web.
After a short introduction to the subject you’ll plan a documentary that you will then go out and shoot. Once you have finished shooting you will edit your footage using apps, and learn how you can share it on social media.
Please note that for consistency this course will be taught using an iPhone or iPod but the skills learned can be applied to other mobile devices.
Who Should Attend?
This course has been designed for professionals working in marcomms, journalism, campaigns and crowdfunding who want to make films they can upload to websites and share online.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- Notebook and pen
- Using mobiles for video
- iPhone video settings
- Mobile accessories and equipment
- Trends in mobile video
- Visual composition
- File management
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand how to best set up your phone or tablet for video
- Understand what equipment, trends and practices are popular for video
- Use your mobile device efficiently to record pleasing and effective content
- Edit footage and sound using apps
- Share your content online
Meet the Tutor:
Mobile Filmmaking will introduce you to the techniques and tools you can use to create simple but professional video for the web and social media. Taught at London College of Commuication by experts.