Hotel Quarantine Support
As part of the UK Government's quarantine arrangements, if you have been in a country or territory in the UK government’s red list in the 10 days before you arrive in England, you must book a managed quarantine hotel for your 10 day isolation period. UAL will provide a financial contribution of up to £1,300 towards the cost of your managed quarantine hotel.
You will be eligible for this financial support if:
- You will arrive in the UK between 17 August 2021 and 10 January 2022.
- You are required by the UK Government to quarantine in a managed quarantine hotel upon arrival.
- You submit receipt(s) and flight booking/tickets showing your name as proof of your travel dates and payment of the quarantine costs.
- You have completed your managed quarantine hotel stay.
- You are a new or continuing student, conditionally or fully enrolled in the 2021/22 academic year and are not permanently or temporarily withdrawn.
- You submit your UK bank account details for the payment of up to £1,300 to be reimbursed. You will be required to pay your managed hotel quarantine fee upfront.
- The University is only able to provide support for students. We are unable to provide support for family members or other travel companions.
- You will only be eligible to claim this financial support once.
Please note the criteria will be reviewed in line with changes to the UK Government policy on managed quarantine requirements.
We are aware many students are facing significant disruption to their study plans caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly related to international travel.
To help students with some of these additional costs, we are pleased to confirm UAL will be offering a financial contribution of up to £1,300 towards the cost of the managed quarantine hotel for students who are starting or continuing their studies at UAL in the 2021/22 academic year.
You will be able to apply for this payment once you have completed your enrolment for the 2021/22 academic year. Remember you will be required to pay your managed hotel quarantine fee upfront and complete your managed quarantine hotel stay before we can process your reimbursement claim. Please ensure you retain copies of all receipts – these will be required to make a reimbursement claim.
- Log in to your UAL Portal.
- Head to the ‘my Funding and Finance’ tab.
- Choose ‘my Funding’.
- Follow ‘Search and apply for funding’.
- Find ‘UAL COVID-19 Hotel Quarantine Financial Support’.
- Select ‘Apply’.
- Complete and submit the application.
Once your application has been processed you’ll receive the reimbursement as a transfer into your UK bank account.
Successful applicants will receive payment via UK bank transfer. Further information will be provided after confirmation of reimbursement.
If you need help, please fill out this form.
UAL offers a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and awards provided through generous donations from individuals, companies and philanthropic charities, as well as from University funds.
Use our Scholarships Search to find out what you might be eligible for.