16 - 18 Bursary Fund
We are pleased to offer a number of bursaries to assist Foundation Diploma in Art and Design students aged 16-18.
To be eligible for The 16-18 Bursary Fund, students must be:
- Considered Home or EU fee status
- Studying a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design which starts in September 2019
- Aged 16, 17 or 18 on 31 August 2019
Young people in Local Authority Care
- Young care leavers
- Those receiving Income Support (or Universal Credit in its place)
- Disabled students receiving Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) / Universal Credit and Disability Living Allowance (DLA) / Personal Independence Payments (PIP).
These awards of £500 are paid to students who are (or whose parents are) receiving specific state benefits as listed on the application form.
These are paid to students who do not qualify for the Vulnerable Student Bursaries (above), but who demonstrate financial need. These bursaries are assessed based on household income, and the amounts awarded vary on this basis. Students with a household income over £25,000 per year will not qualify for a Discretionary Bursary.
A contribution towards the cost of accommodation for any students who moves to London in order to study at UAL. Students with a household income over £25,000 per year will not qualify for a Residential Bursary.
Students can apply online through the Student Portal.
Applicants will also be contacted by post and email with an invitation to apply and will receive a decision by email within 28 days.
The 16 - 18 Bursary Fund is now open for applications and the final date for applications to be accepted is 24 April 2020.
Successful applicants must be enrolled onto their course before they can receive their bursary payment.
Payment will be made in two instalments if the application is successful.
If you need help, please contact email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7514 8080