UAL will be closed on Monday 19 September
In line with UK government advice relating to the Queen’s funeral, Monday 19 September has been declared a national public holiday. This means that all our buildings, including libraries, will now be closed on that day. Please do not visit any of our sites as you will not be able to enter the premises.
The closure will affect activities organised for the first day of Welcome Week as well as any teaching timetabled for that day:
- All Big Welcome and Get Ready events on Monday 19 September will be rescheduled, or where it absolutely cannot be avoided, cancelled. Please look out for updated information from the relevant event organisers for further guidance.
- All UAL libraries will be closed, reopening at their usual times on Tuesday 20 September.
- Any scheduled ID card collection slots on Monday 19 September will be rescheduled for later that week. Please check if your collection slot has changed.
- We have been advised by the UK student loan agencies that students who were due to receive a UK student loan payment on 19 September will now receive these on 16 September or 20 September, due to the public holiday.
- If teaching is scheduled for your course for 19 September, your College will tell you about changes to your timetable.
Please bear in mind that travel may be disrupted over the coming days, so always check your route with TFL as major hubs, like Kings Cross and Victoria may be subject to overcrowding.
UAL sites and libraries will reopen on Tuesday 20 September.