Dr Neil Kirkham
BiographyDr Neil Kirkham is a Senior Lecturer in Cultural & Historical Studies at London College of Fashion.
His research interests focus on pornography and sexual representation, with a specific interest in fashion, costume and new media. His current research analyses the use of costume in non-nude online pornography.
His work has been published in Film, Fashion & Consumption, The Journal of European Popular Culture, Porn Studies and the 2012 collection Hard to Swallow.
- Kirkham N. Polluting young minds? Smash Hits and ‘high Thatcherism' (2018)
- Kirkham N. A very British tease: Costume, fetishism and materiality in soft-core pornography (2018)
- Kirkham N, Dirix E. Still 'Fashionably Laid'? Costume and Contemporary Pornography (2017)
- Kirkham N, Dirix E. Still ‘Fashionably Laid’? Costume and contemporary moving-image pornography (2017)
- Church Gibson P, Kirkham N. Revisiting dirty looks (2014)
- Dirix E, Kirkham N. Fashion in 1930s Hollywood (2014)
- Kirkham N. The new 'porno-chic'? fashion, consumption and film pornography (2012)
Conference, Symposium or Workshop item
- Dirix E, Kirkham N. Still 'Fashionably Laid'? Costume & Contemporary Pornography (2015)
Current research students
- Siri Lindholm, The 'Lolita Excuse': Girl-children, representation and sexualisation. (Lead supervisor)