BiographyColin Priest is a London-based artist, architect and educator as Course Leader for BA Interiors and Spatial Design at Chelsea College of Arts.
Having graduated from the Architectural Association, London, in 2003, he operates within the fields of art, architecture and spatial production, where multi-media works combine physical intervention, writing, film, curation and performance with an ambition to construct contemporary site-specific, interactive environmental experiences. Through the appropriation of tangible and familiar artefacts, spaces and media, his works manifest memorable, inclusive and legible encounters to contemplate time and space.
Applied research via teaching and inter-disciplinary collaborative practice centres around the cultural value of shared space, shifting perceptions of identity, society and associated notions of locality and time in places of urban and environmental change.
- Priest C. SLOW READ HERE (2019)
- Abbott C, Priest C. Kawagoe Welcome Mat (2018)
- Priest C. 1963-2024 (2016)
- Priest C. Waiting Rakes (2016)
- Priest C. Blackberry Tonic (2016)
- Priest C. #blueskythinker (2015)
- Priest C. Bay Watch (2015)
- Priest C. The Dance of the Neptune Plant (2014)
- Priest C. St Leonards Foundary (2014)
- Priest C. Slack space: Braiding disciplines (2019)
- Priest C. Ways of Finding: wayfinding in ‘Little Edo’
- Priest C, Anderson J. Following John Hejduk’s Fabrications: On imagination and reality in the architectural design process
- Priest C, Anderson J. Developing an inclusive definition, typological analysis and online resource for Live Projects. (2014)
- Priest C. Blackberry Tonic (2015)