BiographyI am a London-based curator, writer and lecturer. I work closely with emerging and established practitioners and institutions to research and develop new projects and to create space for experimentation, dialogue and exchange. I have produced projects and programmed events for Glasgow International Festival of Visual Art, V&A Museum, ICA, Arcade East, Tenderbooks, Kunstverein München, Onomatopee, Dutch Design Week and a range of temporary spaces.
My curatorial work focuses on interdisciplinary practice and artist-led culture. I am co-founder of Modus, a curatorial and research platform for expanded fashion practice. I was previously Director of Volume, a residency and events programme connecting the creative communities in London and Glasgow. I publish academic articles and critical essays on art and design practices, and I have a particular interest in writing and publishing as practice.
I am currently Acting Head of Cultural and Historical Studies at London College of Fashion where I co-run the Visual Arts at LCF Research Hub and I am a member of the Centre for Fashion Curation. I teach critical and cultural theory and practice based research.
- Stevenson C. Content (2010)
- Stevenson C. Fashioning the Contemporary Artist: The Spatial Biography of Sue Tompkins (2018)
- Stevenson C. Identity, research and the arts curriculum: Counterstorytelling as academic practice (2015)
Conference, Symposium or Workshop item
- Stevenson C. Working in the Interzone: Fashion as Interdisciplinary Practice (2016)
- Stevenson C. What is Critical Fashion Practice (2015)
- Stevenson C. ‘Reading the landscape: The Performative Labour of Sue Tompkins and Matthew Damhave’ (2015)
- Stevenson C. What I talk about when I talk about my thoughts...Truth and Uncertainty in the Art and Design Institution (2013)
Curation and culture