Dr Ameerah Khadaroo
BiographyDr Ameerah Khadaroo is a lecturer on the BSc Psychology of Fashion and the MSc Applied Psychology in Fashion. She completed a PhD in Developmental Psychology at the University of Warwick and is also a Chartered Psychologist. Prior to this, she obtained a degree in Psychology (First Class) and a Masters in Child Psychology (Distinction). Along with undertaking teaching roles at Warwick University, she has also taught and been involved in research at other universities in UK. Ameerah is a member of the Psychology Ethics Review Panel. She teaches units related to fashion and well-being, research methods, and dissertation project. She supervises both BSc and MSc research projects. She has also published in peer reviewed journals and participated in international conferences. Her main areas of expertise are developmental psychology, well-being (including in the context of fashion), and qualitative research methods.
Ameerah specialises in the area of fashion and well-being from a developmental psychological perspective. She is particularly interested in how people (especially children/adolescents) may use fashion as a tool for communication to express their identity.
- Vingilyte J, Khadaroo A. Personal clothing style and self-concept: Embracing the true, the ideal and the creative self (2022)
- Fortune Super E, Khadaroo A, Bardey A. The Grit in the Glamour: A Qualitative Study of the Well-Being of Fashion Models (2021)
- Khadaroo A, MacCallum F. Parenting of Adolescent Single Children: A Mixed-methods Study (2021)
- Altawil MAS, El Asam A, Khadaroo A. The Effectiveness of Therapeutic and Psychological Intervention Programs in PTC-GAZA (2020)
- Samara M, El Asam A, Khadaroo A, Hammuda S. Examining the psychological well-being of refugee children and the role of friendship and bullying (2019)
- Prior J, Khadaroo A. ‘I sort of balance it out’. Living with facial acne in emerging adulthood (2014)
- Khadaroo A, Rogaten J. Mirror, mirror, on your wall: The impact of fashion on eating difficulties (2021)
Conference, Symposium or Workshop item
- Abraham C, Khadaroo A. Culturally Inspired Fashion: Perceptions of Fashion Designers and Consumers (2021)
- Khadaroo A, MacCallum F. Parenting in single-child families in UK (2018)
- Khadaroo A, MacCallum F. The rising number of “beanpole” families in UK: A qualitative insight into the parent-adolescent relationship (2018)
- Muthanna S, Altawil MAS, Khadaroo A, Samara H. Factors moderating the risk of PTSD, emotional and behavioral problems amongst children in war zones and refugees escaping from warfare (2012)
- Samara M, Khadaroo A. Investigation of the Well-being of School Refugee Children in the UK (2012)