This website is run by the UAL Arts Temps department, University of the Arts London (UAL). This accessibility statement applies to Arts Temps, which is powered by a system called Eploy Recruitment Software. Other websites and browser based systems on the arts.ac.uk domain have their own accessibility statements.
We commit to ensuring this website is as accessible as possible and we want as many people as possible to be able to use it. This means that you should be able to:
- access the website regardless of the device and browser you are using
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We have also tried to make the website text as easy to understand as possible although we recognise we have more work to do on this.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know that some parts of the website are not fully accessible, including:
- some images and text do not meet a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1
- some functions cannot be completed using only a keyboard
- some headings, including titles, are not identified using H1 settings on screen readers
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in an alternative, more accessible format please contact the Arts Temps team on email@example.com
Pleaseinclude details of the content you need and the required format or the service you are trying to access. We aim to provide you with an initial response within two working days and will provide clear information about how we will deal with your request.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the Arts Temps team on firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to provide you with an initial response within two working days and will provide clear information about how we will deal with your enquiry or complaint.
If you feel we have not answered your enquiry or complaint satisfactorily, please contact us again. We will escalate your enquiry or complaint to the Arts Temps General Manager who will work with the team to get you a response.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
For information about contacting us by phone or to arrange a visit to our offices please visit the Contact Us section of the Arts Temps homepage. This is currently Front desk, 1 Granary Square, King's Cross, London, N1C 4AA
More information about accessing our buildings is available from AccessAble.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
UAL is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some information, structure and relationships conveyed through presentation cannot be programmatically determined. This fails WCAG Success Criterion (Level A). This is being followed up with the system architects
- The colour contrast of some of the text on our pages does not meet the minimum required colour contrast ratio of 4.5:1 for normal text. This fails WCAG Success Criterion 1.4.3: Contrast (Minimum) (Level AA). This is being followed up with the system architects.
- The colour contrast of some of our non-text does not meet the minimum required colour contrast ratio of 3:1 against adjacent colours. This fails WCAG Success Criterion 1.4.3: Contrast (Minimum) (Level AA). This is being followed up with the system architects.
- Some functionality of the website cannot be carried out fully with the keyboard and may require the use of a mouse or other input device. This fails WCAG Success Criteria (Level A). This is being followed up with the system architects.
- Moving, blinking or scrolling elements of the home page cannot be paused. This fails WCAG Success Criteria (Level A). This is being followed up with the system architects.
- Some links may not have alternative (alt) text descriptions. This includes some labels and headings. This fails WCAG Success Criterion 1.1.1 Non-text Content (Level A). This is being followed up with the system architects and the Arts Temps team.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
This site was re-designed in early 2020. As part of that re-design we have worked with specialist accessibility organisations to ensure that the designs we created meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 AA. We have engaged in user testing with disabled users and used their feedback to make improvements to the final design. We will continue to review the website to ensure we remain compliant with guidelines and undertake remedial action where identified.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 21st September 2020.
This website was last tested on 17th February 2020. The test was carried out by the Digital Accessibility Centre Ltd.
They used the following automated accessibility tools, assistive technology and manual testing methods to test a sample of pages of our website. This included as a minimum:
- JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver
- Manually auditing the alt text of all images
- Manually checking colour contrast of text
The selection of pages that have been tested are:
- The homepage
- Registration as a temp
- Applying for a vacancy
- Updating your profile
- Booking an interview
- Uploading a file