UAL International Postgraduate £50,000 Scholarship and accommodation award
Criteria 1: You must hold an offer to study a full-time taught master’s course at one of UAL's Colleges and Institutes starting in 2022/23.
- Your course must offer either a Grad Dip, M ARCH, MA, MFA, MBA, MRes or MSc qualification.
- You are not eligible to apply if you already hold a UK postgraduate taught qualification (or one at an equivalent level) from studies undertaken in the UK or abroad.
Criteria 2: You must be ordinarily resident in one of the low-income economy countries detailed in our list of qualifying countries (see below).
- Evidence such as a copy of your immigration documents, ID card or formal proof of your address must be included as part of your application.
You are an asylum seeker in the UK at the point at which you make your scholarship application.
Criteria 3: Your annual household income must be £50,000 or less (or the equivalent exchange value in a qualifying country’s currency) at the point of application. For an up-to-date currency conversion, visit Oanda Trade Currency Exchange.
Criteria 4: You must provide a personal statement as part of your scholarship application which responds to the following questions (maximum 350 words per question):
- Describe how receiving a postgraduate scholarship would make a difference to you.
- Tell us how you intend to use the qualification you will be gaining to support your future plans.
- Describe how you would address challenges in your home country.
- Tell us how you would uphold the values of social justice and environmental stewardship.
|Algeria||Guatemala||Palestine, State of|
|Antigua and Barbuda||Guinea-Bissau||Papua New Guinea|
|Bangladesh||Iraq||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Belarus||Jamaica||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Benin||Kazakhstan||Sao Tome and Principe|
|Bolivia (Plurinational State of)||Kiribati||Senegal|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Kuwait||Serbia|
|Botswana||Korea (Republic of)||Seychelles|
|Brazil||Korea (Democratic People's Republic of)||Sierra Leone|
|Burkina Faso||Lao People's Democratic Republic||Solomon Islands|
|Cabo Verde||Lesotho||South Africa|
|Central African Republic||Madagascar||Sudan|
|Chile||Malaysia||Syrian Arab Republic|
|Comoros||Mali||Tanzania (United Republic of)|
|Congo (Democratic Republic of the)||Mauritius||Timor-Leste|
|Côte d'Ivoire||Micronesia||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Cuba||Moldova (Republic of)||Tunisia|
|El Salvador||Namibia||United Arab Emirates|
|Eswatini (Kingdom of)||New Zealand||Vanuatu|
Once you've received an offer to study at UAL, the ‘my funding’ page on your applicant portal will be updated to include application forms for scholarships you may be eligible for.
If you submit a scholarship application, we will email you after the deadline has passed to let you know if you have been successful.
- For courses starting in September/October 2022 and January 2023: Monday 13 June 2022
Scholarships are awarded by a UAL selection panel, who make their decision based on the evidence provided in your application.
If you have successful applications for more than one UAL award or scholarship, you must choose which of them you would like to receive, as you are only able to hold one at a time.
If you need help, please fill out this form.
UAL offers a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and awards provided through generous donations from individuals, companies and philanthropic charities, as well as from University funds.
Use our Scholarships Search to find out what you might be eligible for.