UAL EU Transitional Award
There is no formal application process for the EU Transitional Award. All eligible candidates will automatically be considered when they receive an offer to study at one of UAL’s 6 Colleges in 2021/22.
To be eligible to receive this financial award, you must be:
- an EU national permanently resident in the EU; and
- classified as an EU (Overseas) fee payer; and
- hold an offer to study a pre-degree, undergraduate or postgraduate course at one of UAL’s 6 Colleges starting in 2021/22.
All eligible candidates will automatically be considered for the UAL EU Transitional Award. Although there is no formal application, we will still need to evaluate whether you qualify. At the point of offer, you will receive a series of communications which will update you on your status and confirm whether you qualify for this financial award.
Terms and conditions
- If you are a pre-degree student, you will receive the financial award every year of your pre-degree and your undergraduate course, if you choose to progress your studies at UAL. However, you must begin your undergraduate degree in 2022/23 to continue to receive the award.
- If you’re a postgraduate student, you will still be eligible for the Progression Discount if you are awarded the EU Transitional Award.
- For postgraduate degrees taught over multiple years, the award may be divided and applied equally throughout the course.
- You will only be eligible to receive the fee award if you start your degree in 2021/22. If you choose to defer your studies to the following year, you will not be eligible.
- If you undertake a placement year, the award will not apply to that specific year.
- If subsequent to your application, you are assessed as a Home student for fee status purposes, you will not be eligible for this award.
- During your studies, you may wish to apply for one of UAL's donor scholarships. If you are successful and you wish to accept the scholarship, you will no longer be entitled to receive the EU Transitional Award.
If you need help, contact our Admissions Service using your UAL Portal.
UAL offers a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and awards provided through generous donations from individuals, companies and philanthropic charities, as well as from University funds.
Use our Scholarships Search to find out what you might be eligible for.