Understanding Leather Short Course
Leather is an adaptable and durable material used extensively in the fashion industry today. With so many functional and decorative properties it is used to produce garments, footwear and handbags as well as luxury leather goods.
A full range of complementary Understanding Fabrics courses are available, view all courses on our website.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
Make an enquiry or call us on 0207 514 7015.
- This leather course will look at selecting appropriate leathers for your product
- Examination of a diverse range of leather from stretch to exotic grains.
- Leather sourcing terminology
- Leather technology and finishing techniques
- Trends in leather and leather alternatives
- Studying samples to gain an understanding of the different skins and hides.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the class:
Meet the Tutor:
This one day Understanding Leather course will look at selecting appropriate leathers for your product and examine the diversity of leather from stretch to exotic grains.