Fashion Accessories Design Online Short Course
This accessory design short course will teach you the skills required to design your own fashion accessories. You will have the exciting opportunity to develop your own designs for a range of handbags, shoes or hats. Through practical and experimental exercises you will learn how researching accessory designers and trends can help you to develop your ideas, from concept through to completion.
This course will teach you how to become an accessory designer and you will create mood boards of your initial ideas and apply existing design trends to new projects. You are encouraged to carry out thorough research as well as practicing and applying your design skills.
Using both new and traditional methods of drawing and recording ideas is encouraged. You will be shown how to use different media to develop a creative style of your own. Each week you will be set an assignment and weekly feedback will help you to progress your work throughout the duration of the course, showing you how to create and present exciting and innovative designs.
By the end of this course you will have developed an accessory design portfolio of 5-10 designs presented in a medium of your choice. You can develop this portfolio to apply for a fashion design course or to set up your own accessory design brand.
By the end of the course you will have learnt;
- How to complete effective research and draw inspiration from pre-existing accessories that appeal to you
- How to identify a target customer and make sure your designs appeal to them
- How to create a range of final accessories designs
- How to create designs that match with technical specifications
- How to use different materials and details when creating your own accessories
- How to present your designs in a medium of your choice
Who is Fashion Accessories Design Online Short Course for?
This course is designed for beginners or those with some experience in fashion design who want to branch out into the exciting area of accessory design. You may be taking the course for fun, already working in fashion or fashion accessories or looking to start your own fashion accessories brand.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
To fully participate in and to complete the course assignments, please make sure you have the following equipment;
- Notepad and pen
- Pencils, sketchbook or paper, eraser, ruler, etc.
- Software to prepare assignments - Powerpoint, Word, Photoshop, etc.
In addition to the materials listed above, you will need;
- A desktop computer or laptop (tablets and phones can be used but some functionality will be limited)
- An up-to-date version of Google Chrome
- A fast and reliable internet connection - a minimum of 1Mbps is required. You can check your network here - speedtest.net
- Researching and recording your ideas
- Creating mood boards
- Identifying your target customer
- Sourcing inspiration
- Drawing hats, shoes and/or bags
- Mark making exercises
- Deconstructing images
- Reconstructing shapes and forms
- Understanding design specifications
- Materials and details
- Considering proportion, colour, texture, design, features
- Looking at existing accessories
- Researching accessory designers
- Creating and presenting 5-10 designs in a medium of your choice
Meet the Tutor:
Join this online short course to learn about fashion accessories design. You will cover a range of topics like sourcing and mark-making. You will develop practical skills applicable to any fashion-related business or project.