Co-net_ in partnership with Imaginaria Photography Art Festival and in collaboration with University Jaume I , Consorcio de Museos of Comunidad Valenciana and Post-Grad Community at UAL present the second edition of their art residency with a focus on still and/or moving image.
Co-net_ is a cultural and artistic platform hosting seminars, workshops, lectures and residencies for international art lovers in the Valencia area in Spain. Co-net’s mission is to create a dynamic and collaborative community by bringing together artists amongst them and linking them with international cultural organizations and institutions.
From 29 April-15 May 2019, Co-net_ and Imaginaria Art Residency program will provide two international artists and one UAL postgraduate student or alumni (within 3 years) with the opportunity to develop their artistic practice within the Comunidad Valenciana supporting them with:
- Artists will have access to use Universitat Jaume I facilities, like computers or photo, video or audio labs, during certain hours a day.
- Artists will have access to a 500€ stipend to be paid at the end of the residency covering material costs as well as living costs.
- A budget of maximum 100€ will be covering transport to and out of Castellón.
- Artists will be provided with an accommodation space.
- Cultural activities planned throughout the residency. These will include activities such as galleries, museums, local artists’ studio visits.
- The residency will provide with a group facilitator. Our staff is dedicated to the successful development of artists within the residency.
- Co-net will as well give the opportunity to at least one artist to exhibit their work during the 2020 edition of the Imaginaria festival. Note that all the work developed during the 2019 Co-net_ residency will be showcased at least in a video format during a special event at this year’s festival edition.
What is expected from successful applicants?
- A good level of English, for good communication with the group.
- An hour lecture or workshop in English or Spanish at the University Jaume I. The proposed lecture or workshop should revolve around the artist’s area of expertise or artistic interest related to the project proposal.
- To sign a consent form enabling Co-net_ and its collaborators to take and keep photographs and videos for promotional material.
- Collaborate with students from the University Jaume I. Sharing knowledge and interests are key to the well being of the residency.
- It is mandatory to take part in all scheduled activities.
How to apply
Deadline: 28 February 2019
Download and read the full residency details (PDF 750kb)
Please send email@example.com a combined PDF (max 10MB), containing the following information, in this order:
a) Contact information: Last and first names, telephone number, email, website (if you have one) and social media.
b) Confirm you are a UAL postgradaute student or alumni, and what you college and course (or reasearch area) is.
c) A summary of your artistic CV (maximum 2 pages)
d) An artist statement (maximum 300 words)
e) A motivation letter, tell us why you would like to take part in this residency specifically and what are you planning to develop during these 15 days (maximum 500 words)
f) A selection of 10 images illustrating your current work (these can be pictures of your work in progress that you’d like to explore further during the residency). Please for each work indicate the date and size. For videos please include a link to either Vimeo or Youtube and provide us with the access code if the video has a restricted viewing. Make sure all images are of good quality.
Please title the document ‘Lastname-Firstname-application-conetresidency’
Please title your email ‘Lastname-Firstname-application-conetresidency’
We look forward to discovering your projects