University of the Arts London welcomes students from China every year onto our degrees, short courses and Study Abroad programmes.
UAL works with official representatives in four regions across China. Our Representatives offer you support locally and in your language through every stage of the application process, free of charge. Their services include:
- Providing information about UAL and our six Colleges
- Specialist advice about our courses
- Advice on preparing your application and portfolio
- Arranging an interview in China with one of our academic staff
- Help with visa applications and travel to the UK (there may be a small charge for these services).
Events in China
Our academic staff travel to China every year to attend exhibitions, hold workshops and give presentations at schools and colleges. These events give you an opportunity to meet us, find out about studying at UAL and discuss your application in person.
For details on upcoming visits to China, or to enquire about arranging a visit to your school, please contact the representative nearest to you (see contact details above).
Interviews in China
If you have applied through one of our official Representatives in China you can have a face-to-face interview in China with one of our academic staff. Students who apply directly to one of our Colleges are interviewed in London or by telephone from London.
For more information about face-to-face interviews in China, please email your nearest representative (see contact details above).
Offers at interviews in China
- Further education and undergraduate applications:
If you are successful in the interview you will receive an offer on the spot. If the interviewer cannot offer you a place on your first choice course, they will advise you on other suitable courses across UAL's six Colleges or recommend ways you can improve your work so that you can reapply at a later date.
- Postgraduate applications
For some courses our interviewers can make offers on the spot; for other courses they will make a recommendation to the College you are applying to.
Medical help for Chinese students
As well as the health support provided by UAL and the UK's National Health Service, there is also the Chinese National Healthy Living Centre in London. The Centre was set up to support the Chinese community in the UK and offers medical help and advice to students in the Chinese language, including:
- Multi-lingual helpline - 0845 601 6030
- Sunday Surgery - free NHS doctor on Sundays from 11am to 4pm
- Traditional Chinese medicine
- Disability and carers support
- Interpreting service - help with communicating with your GP
- Counselling and information services
Chinese National Healthy Living Centre
29-30 Soho Square
London, W1D 3QS
Tel: 020 7287 0904 or 020 7534 6546